CARBON STEEL PANS
Forge Kitchenware pans and skillets are pre-seasoned with rapeseed oil and baked to 345 degrees to give a sealed finish.
This makes our pans ready to use.However, for best results we advise re-seasoning your pan again before you start cooking.
- Wash in hot water and dry thoroughly.
- Cover with a very thin coating of oil using a cloth (cotton is best).
Place the pan in the oven at a medium temperature for 30 mins.
- Turn the temperature up to maximum and bake pan for 60 mins.
- Remove pan (careful - it will be hot!) and very gently wipe again with a fine layer of oil.
- Leave to cool slowly – DO NOT COOL WITH COLD WATER (this can buckle the pan).
- The more often a pan is re-seasoned the better the pan will perform.
CARING FOR YOUR PAN
- Carbon steel will rust if left wet for too long. For best results wash your pan in hot water and dry up thoroughly after use and store in a dry place.
- Steel pans can be re-seasoned after every use if desired and re-heating in the oven with a little oil after cleaning is a good idea.
- Do not put your pan in the dishwasher – it will rust!
- Do not use detergent or excessive soap.
- Slowly pre-heat your pan then add oil.
- Most food is best cooked from room temperature rather than directly from the fridge.
- Steel pans can sometime transfer heat unevenly – find the best heat spot for the type of cooking you are doing.
FORGED IRON UTENSILS
Steel can rust quickly if left wet or unwashed. To maintain a good finish on your utensils wash after use and dry immediately.
Do not leave in the sink or put in the dishwasher.
Store in a dry place.
Products can be oiled regularly if desired - use a light cooking oil , wiped all over thinly.
PLEASE CONTACT US AT ANY TIME IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH CARING FOR YOUR PRODUCT - WE WILL HELP IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE.