Traditional blacksmiths knives are some of the simplest tools that have been made by smiths for hundreds of years. They are a single piece of high carbon steel that do not have to have wooden handles fitted. This is the perfect place to start for anyone interested in knife making.
- Courses are run at The Forge, South Harp Farm Yard, Over Stratton, Somerset TA13 5LB
- Please arrive at 8.45am. Plenty of parking available.
- Lunch is provided (as well as tea, coffee) - so you just need to arrive and we provide the rest.
- There is also free camping in the orchard adjacent to the forge and space for campers or caravans.
- Please wear good work clothes and sturdy shoes or boots. Steel toecaps not essential.
- All equipment and safety gear will be provided. If you have a favourite hammer bring it along.
- No previous experience is needed for this course.
- Please advise if you have any specific dietary requirements or medical conditions.