For centuries kitchen knives have been hand forged in smithies around the world, and in Britain we have always had a strong tradition of steel work and blade making. We would like this tradition to continue – so this course looks at western style chef’s knives, how they are forged and how handles are fitted. a great combination of blacksmithing and woodwork.
- Courses are run at The Forge, South Harp Farm Yard, Over Stratton, Somerset TA13 5LB
- Please arrive at 8.45am. Plenty of parking available.
- Lunch is provided (as well as tea, coffee) - so you just need to arrive and we provide the rest.
- There is also free camping in the orchard adjacent to the forge and space for campers or caravans.
- Please wear good work clothes and sturdy shoes or boots. Steel toecaps not essential.
- All equipment and safety gear will be provided. If you have a favourite hammer bring it along.
- No previous experience is needed for this course.
- Please advise if you have any specific dietary requirements or medical conditions.