Axes are one of mankind’s oldest tools. With this versatile tool we have been able to build, feed, defend and warm ourselves for thousands of years. It is useful, not only for forest workers but also skilled craftspeople and householders alike. A beautifully crafted axe will last through the generations.
- Courses are run at The Forge, South Harp Farm Yard, Over Stratton, Somerset TA13 5LB
- Please arrive at 8.45am. Plenty of parking available.
- Lunch is provided (as well as tea, coffee) - so you just need to arrive and we provide the rest.
- There is also free camping in the orchard adjacent to the forge and space for campers or caravans.
- Please wear good work clothes and sturdy shoes or boots. Steel toecaps not essential.
- All equipment and safety gear will be provided. If you have a favourite hammer bring it along.
- No previous experience is needed for this course.
- Please advise if you have any specific dietary requirements or medical conditions.